COSASE GIVES NSSF, NZEYI ONE WEEK TO RESOLVE TEMANGALO LAND DISPUTE

ZOMBO LEADERS BLAME LIMITED ROAD EQUIPMENT FOR POOR MAINTENANCE OF LOWER LOCAL GOVERNMENT ROADS
August 18, 2026
GARBAGE DUMPED ON ROAD AS WASTE PILES UP AT AWINDIRI MARKET
August 19, 2026

COSASE GIVES NSSF, NZEYI ONE WEEK TO RESOLVE TEMANGALO LAND DISPUTE

Officials led by the NSSF Managing Director, Patrick Ayota before COSASE Parliamentary Committee

Photo Credit: Sarah Achen

By : Sarah Achen

The parliamentary Committee on Commissions, Statutory Authorities and State Enterprises (COSASE) has given the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and businessman Amos Nzeyi one week to resolve their long-running dispute over the Temangalo land.

COSASE Chairperson Hon. Nkunyingi Muwada directed the two parties to meet, harmonise their positions and report back to the committee by Thursday before legislators decide on the next course of action.“The issue of the Temangalo land has dragged on for over 13 years. As parties, we want them to sit and harmonise and update us by Thursday so we decide the next move,” Muwada said.

Nzeyi, through his lawyer Peter Kabatsi of Kampala Associated Advocates, appeared before COSASE to respond to concerns surrounding the disputed property.

The committee had summoned Nzeyi to explain allegations that he had failed to vacate part of the land reportedly sold to NSSF, despite repeated reminders from the Fund.

The development comes as COSASE continues its inquiry into NSSF’s acquisition and subsequent use of the Temangalo property. The committee recently conducted a site visit to assess the land and ongoing developments.

NSSF Managing Director Patrick Ayota was tasked with providing the committee with details on the acquisition of the property, its ownership, the current status of the land and the progress of projects being undertaken there.

The committee previously heard that Nzeyi, who sold the land to NSSF, had allegedly remained on part of the property, prompting the Fund to consider legal action to secure vacant possession.

COSASE has now directed NSSF management and Nzeyi to appear before the committee next week following their efforts to reach an agreement.

The committee has also constituted a team of legislators, led by Jinja South Division MP Hon. Timothy Batuwa and comprising Buzaya County MP Hon. Martin Muzaale, Bamunanika County MP Hon. Robert Ssekitoleko and Budadiri East MP Hon. Julius Nakiyi, to study the developments on the property and equip members with information ahead of further questioning.

Meanwhile, the Acting Managing Director of Uganda Clays, Jones Muhumuza, told the committee that the company remains committed to repaying its loan to NSSF through monthly instalments of Shs100 million, starting in October 2026.

The Temangalo land controversy has persisted for more than a decade and has continued to attract parliamentary scrutiny over the acquisition, ownership and utilisation of the property.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *